- When live birds orders are ready to ship, see our ‘Estimated Delivery’ chart, orders using USPS Express Priority services will ship on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each week. Once shipped it may take 1 to 3 days to arrive.
- Customers who choose Commercial Air Shipping will be contacted prior to scheduling a reservation.
- If your order contains more than one delivery type (time) it may require multiple shipments.
- For USPS shipments, you will receive an email confirmation with a tracking number as soon as your shipping label has printed.
- At that time, you’ll want to contact your post office to let them know you have a ‘live shipment’ coming and for them to please call you ASAP.
- If you have ordered a pre-order status bird it can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks and sometimes longer for delivery. Once your pre-order status birds are ready to ship, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
- Access your account and use the ‘Order Status Option’ to view the stage of your order.
Preparation for Bird Arrival:
- We encourage you as an avian enthusiast and a pet owner to research carefully the birds you are considering to add to your collection, and to prepare the necessary environment and care to optimize your bird’s health and well being.
- Obtaining the appropriate cage, seed, supplies and accessories are suggested prior to your bird’s arrival.
- Review our Bird Care Instructions to ensure preparedness upon their arrival.
- Live Arrival Guarantee is coupled with the pet owner’s responsibility to ensure a safe, healthy and harmonious habitat, once a pet is in your care.
- If you are considering adding any psittacines to your avian collection, we encourage you to become aware of an uncommon bacteria called “Parrot Fever”. While it is a very treatable bacteria, improving your awareness, prevention, and treatment for this bacteria is advisable. More information about this bacteria can be retrieved from the following link- “parrot fever”.
Bird Arrival Care and Wellness:
- Provide a quiet, stress free, and warm environment for your new bird, (perhaps 80 degrees F) as it adjusts to its new surroundings.
- Isolate your new bird(s) from any existing birds in your aviary until you are confident that it has acclimated well, and is ready for integration with into your existing aviary.
- Vitamins and electrolytes, are attached to each shipping box, and are recommended to be given to your bird(s) as their only water source for 3-5 days.
- We also carry additional bird care products you may consider to maintain and optimize your bird’s health.